I’ve been busy as you guys can see cause I’m making sulit my volleyball vacation or break. Why? Well, let’s see. What’s in store for the coming months? V-League, UAAP, National Open, Intercollegiate, Home and Away and a lot more so it is but fitting that I used that break to rest myself. And thus, I’m back and so as V-League. How was my break so far? Well, my Green Archers lost to a mightier Ateneo Blue Eagles but no worries, they deserved that. I’m still sad though but not that much. Aside from that, I’ve been meeting a lot of people lately and I’m quite happy with that. I got injured from one of my practices but it’s healing now. Maybe one of the reasons why I’m not gonna go that much to volleyball venues. Haha. And lastly, I miss the volleyball community. Haha. It’s been like 3 or 4 months since I last updated things.Read more
V-League Season 5
It’s probably the most anticipated and popular volleyball league in the country. The second conference of Shakey’s V-League Season 5 will open this coming October 19 Sunday. Venue will be at the beautiful Arena, in San Juan City. Here are the games to watch for in October (based on the latest Shakey’s V-League Season 5 game sked):Read more
As many of you already know, the second conference of Shakey’s V-League Season 5 is scheduled to start on October 19, 2008 at The Arena, San Juan City. There will be a total of 8 participating teams. (And yes, it’s confirmed that UST and La Salle are back.)
Here’s an excerpt from the Shakey’s V-League Rules and Regulations:Read more
University of Santo Tomas and De La Salle University will return in action in the 2nd conference of the Shakey’s V-league which is scheduled to start this October 19, 2008 at The Arena, San Juan City. The return of the two schools was confirmed by the V-League operations director Ricky Palou. Both schools took a leave of absence during the last V-League conference due to academic reasons.
Other schools participating in the league are: Adamson University (1st conference champions), San Sebastian College-Recoletos (84th NCAA champions), Lyceum of the Philippines (WNCCA champions), Ateneo De Manila University (1st conference runner-up), Far Eastern University (UAAP 70 champions), and College of Saint Benilde.Read more
UPDATED: This post has been updated. It’s confirmed! UST and De La Salle will be joining the second conference of Shakey’s V-League Season 5.
Shakey’s V-league (Season 5) 2nd Conference will start this coming October 19, 2008 (Sunday) at The Arena in San Juan City.
Eight teams will participate in this second conference namely:
- 1. Adamson (defending champion)
- 2. Ateneo De Manila University (1st runner-up)
- 3. College of Saint Benilde
- 4. De La Salle University
- 5. Far Eastern University
- 6. Lyceum of the Philippines
- 7. San Sebastian College – Recolletos (2nd runner-up)
- 8. University of Santo Tomas
If you missed watching Shakey’s V-League Season 5 a few months ago, then you can watch the games again being replayed over at Makisig Network – Skycable Channel 76. You can catch the replays 2PM onwards everyday it seems. But I’m not too sure about the TV sked.Read more
The Shakey’s V-league has already wrapped up and we still have a hang over. Congratulations to the Adamson Lady Falcons for bagging the title, likewise to the ADMU Lady Eagles for giving a good fight. Having these two formidable teams in the finals just spells the word battle.
Well, I just want to share with you guys the experiences V-league gave me that I will truly treasure:Read more
Championship match: Adamson nips Ateneo in game one
- Adamson University defeated Ateneo de Manila University in 4 sets: 25-7, 25-14, 23-25, 25-22. Best Scorers were Neriza Bautista of Adamson with a total of 30 won points and Charo Soriano of Ateneo with 13 points. Game duration: 1hour 43mins.
Here’s some volleyball action photos during the Adamson vs. Ateneo V-League Season 5 championship game 1:Read more
UPDATE: Before going to The Arena to watch the V-League Finals, make sure you bring enough money for food and tickets. To find out about the ticket prices, click here
UPDATE: The V-League Finals game sked below has just been updated (As of 5/27/08)
So what’s your predictions?
I moved the chatbox here. For those who are stuck in the office and wouldn’t be able to watch what could be the final day of Shakey’s V-League Season 5 this Friday (May 30, 2008). Chat all you want:Read more
The semi-finals games between Ateneo-Lyceum and Adamson-San Sebastian took place a while ago at The Arena. The Lady Eagles and Lady Falcons subdued their opponents and will move onto the Finals. Here are the game results:
Eagles conquered the Lady Pirates
- Ateneo de Manila University defeated Lyceum of the Philippines University in 5 sets: 18-25, 20-25, 27-25, 25-20, 15-9. Best Scorers of the game were guest player Em-orn Phanusit of Ateneo with a total of 26 won points and Beverly Boto of Lyceum with 23 points. The game lasted 2hours 17mins.
San Sebastian bowed down to Adamson
- Adamson University defeated San Sebastian College in 4 sets: 25-17, 25-19, 21-25, 25-21. Best Scorers of the game were guest player Neriza Bautista of Adamson with a total of 25 won points and guest player Jaroensi Bualee of San Sebastian with 24 points. The game lasted 1hour 44mins.