I’m sure you all heard about this by now. The Shakey’s V-League Summer Camp (and I believe this is the first) will commence this coming March 29 (Sunday) at the Ateneo Blue Eagle Gym. It’s going to be an 8-day program designed for girls (sorry boys) 9-14 years old. This volleyball camp is being organized by Shakey’s and Sports Vision Management Group Inc. – the folks behind the Shakey’s V-League tournament that spearheaded the growth of volleyball in the country since its inception.
As volleyball becomes more and more popular thanks to the supporters and fans of the sport, expect more and more volleyball tournaments, camps, independent groups and clubs, websites, TV shows, and practically anything else volleyball related to happen in the future. I’m predicting that the first ever Shakey’s V-League Men’s Volleyball will take place 2-3 years from now. Or hopefully sooner. Don’t you think it’s about time?
Going back to the volleyball camp, superstars like Mary Jean Balse, Suzanne Roces, Laurence Ann Latigay, and Jinni Mondejar will be among the instructors. I heard other players will also help in the camp and they are Parley Tupaz, Joy Degorostiza, Ma. Teresa Iratay, Michelle Carolino, Mayette Carolino, Margarita Pepito, Patricia Siatan, Boyet del Moro, Leonardo Toyco and Obet Javier. Most of the instructors are players from San Sebstian College if you notice and this is because the camp will be headed by veteran coach Roger Gorayeb.
So I’m sure the parents will get their money’s worth when they enroll their youngster girls (again, sorry boys!) in this camp. Volleyball camps like this (and the ones conducted by Milo every summer) are the perfect venue if you wanna start your kids early in volleyball.
Here are the rest of the details for the 2009 Shakey’s V-League Summer Camp:
- Training Period: March 29 to April 5
- Venue: Blue Eagle Gym, Ateneo de Manila University, Katipunan Q.C
- Camp Sessions: 8-10am, 10-12pm, 1-3pm, 3-5pm
- Registration period: March 1-25, 2009 (first-come first served basis)
- Target Participants: 400 girls, 9-14 years old
- Registration Fee: Php 2,500 (inclusive of shirt, bag, towel, and meal stubs for 8 days)
- Register at the following Shakey’s branches: Loyola, Tomas Morato, E.Rodriguez, MCU, Gotesco Commonwealth, P.Tuazon, Retiro, Greenhills, Megamall, Kapitolyo, Libis, Bluewave Marikina, Glorietta, Malate, SM Fairview, BF Homes, Mall of Asia, SM Southmall, ATC, Paseo de Sta. Rosa
The camp will focus on volleyball basic skills like spiking, receiving, blocking, and even stretching. And then towards the end, I think I read something like they’ll be dividing the participants into teams and perhaps do a mini-tournament.
So parents, what are you waiting for!! Go and sign up your kids now. Who knows, maybe they’ll become the next volleyball superstars when they grow up. I wish I’d turn into a 9-year old girl (with the leaping ability of a 21 year old) just so I can join this volleyball camp. But after April 5, I wanna turn back to an adult.
Pages: 1 2
Both comments and pings are currently closed.