Cartoon by Comic-Mint.com
Not too sure how I ended up getting this. I was supposedly doing a Google-search for the Petron Beach Volleyball tournament to learn more about it.
Earlier this morning I read this Inquirer Sports article saying that the tandem of Nerissa Bautista and Sheryl Laborte (younger sister of Micmic Laborte) is heavily favored to win the tournament. Other pairs to watch out for are: UP star players Danielle Michiko Castañeda and Leah Acepcion, and Abigail Escandor and Jimberly Dizon from UE.
The third leg of the 2008 Petron Ladies Beach Volleyball Tournament will be held at the University of the East-Caloocan campus this July 25-26. That’s tomorrow!!! (I hope I can watch and take some photos. Anybody else watching?)
Anyways. Then somewhere in between I stumbled upon this Multiply account entitled Ms. Farah’s Lips. Apparently, she used to be a volleyball player for Miriam back in college and then became what it looks to be a very promising model – that’s what most of her Multiply photos imply. In her blog, she wrote this “You know you’re a volleyball player when…” which caught my attention. Read on and tell us if you can relate:
YOU KNOW YOU’RE A VOLLEYBALL PLAYER WHEN…
- 1. You think everyone should have to wear spandex.
- 2. You miss important events, a.k.a TBS, gimmicks, birthdays for weekend tournaments.
- 3. When you’re taller than most of your class.
- 4. When the words “outside”, “middle”, and “right/weak side” mean the world to you.
- 5. When you know a thong is a necessity.
- 6. When you realize your thighs no longer fit in your jeans.
- 7. You could probably beat almost anyone in wall sits.
- 8. When a ball is hurled at your face, you either set, pass, or hit it. Or you flail your arms spastically.
- 9. You know what a libero is/does.
- 10. You have more than one pair of knee pads.
- 11. You get angry when someone says volleyball isn’t a hard sport.
- 12. You own at least one shirt that has the word “volleyball” “hit” or a drawing of a volleyball on it.
- 13. You know how to tape yourself.
- 14. You know why ankle braces are a necessity.
- 15. You have injuries on your knees, elbows, ankles, neck, shoulders, back, head, etc.
- 16. You’ve perfected drawing a volleyball. And taught others how to draw it.
- 17. You’ve tried setting into a basketball hoop.
- 18. You know a pancake is more than just something to eat.
- 19. You think TV should show more volleyball than any other sport.
- 20. You’ve been asked why volleyball players wear spandex.
- 21. You know your vertical. And always hope somehow it gets higher.
- 22. You’ve had at least one ball hit you in the face.
- 23. You’ve been to volleyball camp. Many times.
- 24. “I can’t, I have a tournament” becomes a weekly saying.
- 25. You know a scoreboard like the back of your hand.
- 26. You have to admit that you like those “ACE!” cheers.
- 27. Whenever you see a volleyball, you have to touch it.
- 28. You’ve seen too many asses.
- 29. At one point in your life, you’ve had knee problems.
- 30. You know what those “other” lines in the gym are.
But wait, there’s more…
Pages: 1 2
Both comments and pings are currently closed.