Name: Michelle Laborte
Team: currently plays for Ateneo de Manila University
Position: Middle Blocker
Spike Reach: 277cm
Block Reach: 272cm
1. How did you first get into volleyball? How long have you been playing?
I started playing volleyball by joining in our high school intrams back in Bacolod.
2. What are your greatest achievements/awards as a volleyball player?
Being able to represent the Philippines in the 2001, 2003, and 2005 SEA Games.
3. What makes a good volleyball player? Does height really matter?
Height can really help you but it all boils down to your skills and level of conditioning.
4. How did you end up playing for the Ateneo Lady Eagles? From which school or team did you use to play before?
I was picked by Coach Louie Gepuela to be a guest player for the Shakey’s V-league two conferences ago. Before that, I was a guest player for LPU. I’ve been with ADMU ever since.
5. During the recently concluded Shakey’s V-League 2007, which team was the toughest to go against with? Who’s the toughest player?
San Sebastian and Jing Bualee.
7. Enough of volleyball. We all know that you eat, breath, and sleep volleyball. Tell us about your pastime and hobbies.
Going to the arcade, watching movies, surfing the internet.
8. We know you’re always busy with training. What was the last movie you watched?
Harry Potter V.
9. Okay, let’s go back to volleyball. Who are the people you look up to?
Coach Roger Banzuela (USLS Bacolod), Virna Diaz (Brazil).
10. What do most people do not know about you?
I like to cook and bake.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.