March 4-6, 2009: Nestea Fit staged the Luzon eliminations for the 13th Nestea Fit Beach Volley National Circuit 2009 at the SM Mall of Asia – Bay Area. And for the second time around, I was lucky enough to catch the beach volley action and all the fun under the sun during the Luzon leg.
It was a star studded event. Nestea endorser JC Tiuseco was there to witness the games. Celebrity hunks John Prats and Polo Ravales were also seen. There were also mini dance workshops on Hip-Hop and Capoeira after the games. Later that evening, a fashion show was held featuring “Hot and Fit Body of Work” by Nautilus PJ Ara?ador. This was followed by a concert with guest bands 6 Cycle Mind and Sandwich.
After three days of action, the winners were announced for the Luzon eliminations. FEU’s beach volley veteran Joshua Alcarde and rookie Jan Berlin Paglinawan sealed the men’s title after beating Joseph Ramos and Eden Canlas of Letran. On the women’s side, the Adamson University’s Angela Benting and Lizlee Ann Gata grabbed the top spot after winning over the breakthrough performance of the ladies from the University of the Cordilleras – duplicating their victory last year. All top 3 teams emerging from the Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao eliminations will battle it out during the Semis and Finals to be held in the shores of Boracay on May 6-9, 2009.
- 1. Far Eastern University: Jan Berlin Paglinawan / Joshua Alcarde
- 2. Colegio de San Juan de Letran: Joseph Erickson Ramos / Eden Canlas
- 3. San Beda College: Leonel Evan Laraya / James Christian Lorca
- 1. Adamson University: Angela Benting / Lizlee Ann Gata
- 2. Far Eastern University: Anna Camille Abanto / Marigail Tolentino
- 3. University of the Cordilleras: Cindy Benitez / Michelle Remo
Photos taken from the http://nestea.com.ph/ official website:
Both comments and pings are currently closed.